Sesame Street has become a huge hit in the Dutchin Household this summer. Winston and Luke started watching in the mornings last spring but we are now in daily full-episode watching mode. Elmo, of course, is the favorite and Luke refers to his new (and only) favorite TV show as "Elmo Street". As this was also my favorite show as a youngster I find myself enjoying "Elmo Street" time with Luke, especially on mornings when he gets up earlier than I would like and we can crash on the couch for a while.
I remember my mom telling me that Sesame Street changed the way she taught kindergarten (which she taught like 10,000 years ago). Kids were learning so much more at home that it was difficult to keep up and ahead of what they already knew. We are starting to see just how much Sesame Street does teach the little ones....here's Luke:
No comments:
Post a Comment