Welcome to the Dutchin Family Blog! Our way of sharing our lives with our family and friends, especially those who are so far away.



Thursday, November 24, 2011

My Little Turkeys

Thanksgiving has become one of my favorite holidays.  Maybe it's because of the food and wine.  Maybe it's because it kicks off the holiday season.  Maybe it's because for many years in a row my family traveled to spend Thanksgiving with me in California and then Texas.  Maybe it's because it has been the one holiday Winston and I have always been able to spend together.  Maybe it's because it's a nice low-stress holiday where you can eat and relax and spend time with family and friends without all the busyness of decorating and shopping.  Maybe it's because for the last 14 years I've spent Thanksgiving in the warm sunshine (minus one rainy year in Washington).  Maybe I just like mashed potatoes.  (Oh, and did I mention the wine?) 

This year Winston has to work so I will make an early Thanksgiving lunch (which will be eaten in front of the Packer game) before he has to leave us.  The boys and I have a couple of invites on the table and will make the most of this year's Thanskgiving with friends from work.  Even thought we won't be together as a family I am very thankful for the little turkeys in my life!

    Luke's First Thanksgiving - 2008           Samuel's First Thanksgiving - today


Here's wishing you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments: