Welcome to the Dutchin Family Blog! Our way of sharing our lives with our family and friends, especially those who are so far away.



Saturday, December 13, 2008

Snow and Santa

You may have seen on the news that we had "some weather" down here last week. Yes...snow in Texas and temps in the 20s!! It was coming down just a bit on my way home from work on Wednesday evening and we had a dusting at the house. Other parts of Houston got quite a bit more and people were sending in their pics of actual snowmen and snow angels. Pretty amazing.

Our Texas "snow"
Then, today we went to the station for a "Breakfast with Santa" event for KPRC families. I wore a turtleneck and was too hot...temps back in the low 70s for the weekend. Are you kidding me? I can't keep up.

Anyway, I was impressed that Winston wanted to go until he told me that he figured if we had to do the picture with Santa thing, he'd rather not have to wait in line at the mall! After talking to my sister and hearing about their wait to see the Man in Red, I was quite happy we went. They had the old studio all decorated for Christmas, presents for the kids, and you just waited for them to call your name to see Santa. When I brought Luke up for his pic we were met with a chorus of "ohs" from the crowd. No one can resist a cute baby...especially one as cute as ours!
Luke all ready for Christmas
Now I have to see about getting the tree up...

No comments: