Welcome to the Dutchin Family Blog! Our way of sharing our lives with our family and friends, especially those who are so far away.



Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving

Luke has now survived his first big family holiday - Thanksgiving 2008!
And when I say survive...believe me, I mean survive. Let me just start by saying that my sister referred to last week on her blog as the "Thanksgiving Plague".

The Johnson/Higgins clan came the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. The 7 of them - 4 adults, 1 3 1/2 year old and 10 month twins - had a great travel day and all was well with their arrival to Houston and to our house. Then sometime that night whatever little bug the babies had a few days earlier hit Ailey and she spent the day in front of the TV with a fever.
Wednesday night Jenni and Andy started sharing the toliet and I came down with a fever around noon on Thanksgiving Day. That left Mom to do most of the work in the kitchen, although at this point we pondered the idea of not making any food that day and waiting until Friday.

But Thanksgiving must go on.

Mom finished the food and she, Dad, and Winston ate some of it and got the kitchen cleaned up just in time for Mom to start puking. By Friday morning, both Dad and Winston were a bit tired and quesy but relativly healthy after taking long afternoon naps. Mom and I were barely eating, Ailey was still out of it, the babies were having blow-out after blow-out (my washing machine has never seen such action!) and I think Jenni and Andy were eating leftovers sometime that night.

At least by Saturday we were all good to go. Mom, Dad, Andy, and I traveled down to check out Hurricane Ike damage in Galveston and on Sunday we had Luke's baptism. (next blog)

So, back to my original statement: Luke has now survived his first big family holiday. My little guy was the only one who didn't get sick! He just sat around and watched the rest of us. He did enjoy spending time with his family and getting to meet his twins cousins and Uncle Andy for the first time.


We'll see how Christmas goes...

No comments: