Things were good until Luke needed to eat. I brought a bottle, just to make things easier and so I could enjoy a birthday drink. He wasn't taking it very well from Winston so he passed him over to me. It wasn't long before I felt a wet spot on my pants. I lifted him up and noticed a spot on his jammies (worn to dinner so he could fall asleep on the way home - a great plan, huh?). Upon further inspection I realized that he had leaked some very liquidy poop out of his diaper and onto my jeans!
In my haste to get to the bathroom I grabbed a diaper and the wipes out of the diaper bag and dashed to the bathroom which, luckily, had a changing station. When I opened him up I saw that the poop had spread to much of his jammies and they were now unwearable. I got the new diaper on, scooped him up, and walked quickly with my naked baby back to our table to the change of clothes in the bag. I was holding him at the table when he started spitting-up...all over my sweater and onto the booth.

Yes, I was laughing about it! How can you not? It's a naked, spewing baby in the middle of a restaurant! (he's covering up most of the spit-up)

So now I'm covered with puke and poop and trying not to slide into the stuff on the booth, Luke is starting to bawl, and Winston is digging in the bag for his clothes. We manage to get the new clothes on him - jammie plan out the window - and were set to get home...with me covering up my clothes as best as I could on the way out.
Once home, he still needed a bit of comfort food before heading to bed. Daddy offered up some thawed out breast milk and our night was over.
Oh, and by the way - the nachos sucked!! No more Red Robin in Texas for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment