Welcome to the Dutchin Family Blog! Our way of sharing our lives with our family and friends, especially those who are so far away.



Thursday, January 1, 2009

Hats

Luke is becoming a little boy who wears, and looks pretty cute in, hats. We've had a couple days of beautiful weather so we took advantage and went for walks around the neighborhood.

(Am I bragging about our good weather in Texas to my snowed-in, rain-soaked readers? Yes, I am.
Do I get to because it's one of the only things that's good about this place right now? Yes, I do!)

Anyway...the first day he wore his cute little sun hat from Aunt Jenni which Winston says makes him look like a gay sailor. Daddy's so mean!
The second day he sported his little boy baseball hat from Great-Aunt Vicki. Oh, and yes, he is now smiling for the camera!
Then I thought about the other hats he has worn during his short little life. There's the birthday hat when he and Daddy celebrated being 1 month and 37 years old...
...then we have the hospital-issue newborn hat that is worn by every baby in their first moments and days of life.

Notice the lack of New Year's Eve party hat. Man, does this night change when you have a baby! We both noticed and appreciated the absence of hangovers this year! Hope everyone had a much nore exciting night than we did.

Happy 2009!

1 comment:

Jen S said...

He's getting so big!! And I can't believe you didn't have a Baby's First New Year hat. So disappointed in you.