Welcome to the Dutchin Family Blog! Our way of sharing our lives with our family and friends, especially those who are so far away.



Sunday, January 25, 2009

Morning Baby

I've never been much of a morning person. I should be since I come from a long line of them. I grew up with a father who greeted us in the morning with such phrases as "It's a great day to be alive" (learned from his father, my Grandpa Floyd) and sang his college fight song on the mornings I had to wear my cheerleading outfit to school. Annoying, huh? (Sorry, Dad!)
My idea of a good Saturday has been to sleep as long as possible, and then stay in bed a bit longer. So because of this I wasn't much looking forward to the part of motherhood where you have to get up early. Luckily, I have a little one who seems to have a bit of his Grandpa and Great-Grandpa in him and greets me in the wee hours of the morning with his toothless grin. It makes the alarm going off at 5:00 and the wimpers heard through the monitor not so bad.
Love the bed-head!

4 comments:

Sara said...

Are you kidding me? Weren't you the girl who was singing "Oh what a beautiful morning" everyday in college? Gemma is going to need to weigh 1in on that one. Fun pics as always

Jen S said...

I agree with Sara. I distinctly recall you chirping, "Good morniiiiiiing!!!!" every day. I hated you a little every time.

From Kari's View Point said...

I also remember saying to you and Jodi one EARLY morning in Fargo, "I'm just not used to this much talking this early in the morning..." once...

gemma said...

Hahahah... Yes, Sara is very correct. And this just proves that she probably also heard it 7 stories up in the Stevenson Tower. :) As I remember, for us, it was the Cars at night (for our unwatned lullaby), then this in the morning... Ah, dorms.