Welcome to the Dutchin Family Blog! Our way of sharing our lives with our family and friends, especially those who are so far away.



Sunday, April 19, 2009

Texas Flood

I'm used to rain. I grew up in Western Washington for crying out loud. What I'm not used to is rain that can flood a street in just a few hours. We had a tornado warning on Friday and then warning of some "severe" weather for the weekend. The hail and HARD, sideways rain started about 1:00 on Saturday morning, tapered off for a while, and then came back at full strength mid-morning. It made for a nice cozy day to stay inside, take an extra family nap, and just relax - we were very glad we didn't have anywhere we had to go!
View from the front door on a nice, sunny day.
View from the front door yesterday afternoon. No ditch, no sidewalk.The backyard - taken through the window but you can see the river in the middle and pool in the corner. Once the rain let up and the water had receded a bit, our neighbors were having a ball jumping into the ditches. I don't think their mother was too thrilled!Then, mid-afternoon...a beautiful sign from God!!And some blue sky.

2 comments:

Higgins Family said...

Holy Texas ... I mean, Holy Hell ... I mean, that's CRAZY!

From Kari's View Point said...

That kinda looks familiar... Sorry you had to go through a flood, too! Other parts of the country can't handle rain like the Washington!!!!