Welcome to the Dutchin Family Blog! Our way of sharing our lives with our family and friends, especially those who are so far away.



Sunday, April 5, 2009

Visit from Grandma and Grandpa

Grandma Linda and Grandpa Mark arrived in Houston last week for a Spring Break visit. Winston had a busy week covering the Shell Houston Open so it was great to have them around to help out with Luke. Every day they got to sleep in, see Winston for a bit in the morning, then take care of Luke until I got home after school. Saturday we headed out to the Kemah Boardwalk for some fresh air, sunshine, a fabulous seafood dinner, and a visit with friend Dave Swartos who works for FEMA and is living in Galveston. It was so fun to have them here - just not enough time! Here are a few pics from the week.

A cuddly moment with Grandma Linda.
Grandpa Mark helps too!
Luke is moving around a lot these days. He has been scooting for a while and gets going pretty fast on the wood floors. He gets up on all fours and rocks back and forth before doing a "Bambi on the ice" move and falls on his belly. Just in the last few days he has been moving hands and knees a bit so I think crawling isn't too far away. Climbing on Mommy is also a new trick - especially when he wants something on the other side of me!
I see some slippers over there.
If I can just get over these legs, I can get to them! Almost there...
Finally! Of course, I got taken away from the dirty things as soon as I got there so it was a lot of effort for nothing!

No comments: