Welcome to the Dutchin Family Blog! Our way of sharing our lives with our family and friends, especially those who are so far away.



Saturday, February 19, 2011

Big Boy Room

I never thought about it before I was pregnant with baby #2 but when you are having another baby it's not about getting ready for the new one, it's all about what you're going to do with the first one before the next one comes along!  We knew we wanted to keep Luke's room as the baby room (Winston wasn't sure until I pointed out that he would have to take apart the crib to put it in the other room) and move Luke into a new "big boy" room.  In our house this meant a lot of changes since the room that Luke needed to move into had my desk and a hand-me-down futon in it.  So the past month or so has been spent furniture shopping, online ordering, and a lot of assembling and rearranging!  My desk and futon were given to friends, Luke got our old dresser and Winston and I finally got ourselves some "big people" bedroom furniture.  

Luke was very excited about his "football game" blanket and pillows.
First night sleeping in the new bed.
 This morning was spent decorating and moving into the room.
 
 Winston now has a power drill!  AND knows how to use it!
...oh, and girls can use it too!  Even when they're 33 weeks pregnant!
My new desk.  Was proud to assemble on my own today - LOVE having the power drill!
Luke got to "help".
Our new bedroom set.  I feel so grown up now!
My latest belly shot.  Taken last week some time - about 33 weeks along.


No comments: