Welcome to the Dutchin Family Blog! Our way of sharing our lives with our family and friends, especially those who are so far away.



Monday, February 7, 2011

Luke-speak

So I realized today that Luke has been saying the cutest stuff lately and I haven't been writing any of it down.  I share them at lunch with anyone who will listen, or anyone who may just be sitting next to me and doesn't have a choice but to listen, but I don't write it down.  Then it hit me, that's what I really should be using this blog for; not just for cute pictures but to write down the stuff I don't want to forget whether anyone out there wants to hear about it or not!

So, here are a few that are still in my memory...keep in mind these snippits might have been a bit cuter in person than when you read them but hopefully you'll get the idea!

While helping me with laundry:
Luke:  Mommy, is that your penis?
Me:  No Luke, those are mommy's panties.

During a diaper change:
Luke:  Mommy, I have poopies and I want to see it.  (This is an everyday statement after a poopie)

After being wrapped up in a towel after a bath:
Me:  Luke, what's the matter?
Luke:  I can't reach my penis.

In a public bathroom with me:
Luke:  You have poopies Mommy or just pee?  (This was of course in a nice loud voice)

Okay, you see a theme...I'll move on...

After being told by Winston on Friday that if he stays in his crib all night Daddy will buy him a big boy bed and has now crawled in with me at 7:00 a.m. on Sunday morning:
Luke:  I stay in my crib Mommy.
Me:  I know, good boy Luke!
Luke:  I want my bed.

Then there's the new vocabulary that comes out of nowhere:
Me:  Luke, do you want some applesauce?
Luke:  Sure.  (really, he says "sure".  For some reason it cracks me up, especially the way it sounds coming out of a 2 year-old).

When he sees a truck on the road:
That truck is humongous!  (That one comes from Sesame Street)

Getting into bed tonight:
Mommy, that's my pooh bear.  No, actually it's my pig.  (Yes, he uses the word "actually" - also sounds adorable coming from a 2 year-old)

Okay, that's all my memory has held recently.  Just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to adorable stuff that makes us laugh.  I figured being a parent would be amazing and rewarding, and of course frustrating at times, but I never realized it would be so darn entertaining! 

Until next time...